Pure Piping’s Quality Assurance
Pure Piping strives to produce the highest Quality Assurance documentation possible. The QA pack we provide for our clients is set out in a very clear, practical way which captures all required components of the project.
Feedback from our clients’ QA departments have reflected this and we take great pride in knowing we have handed over a comprehensive system with full traceability of all components and workmanship. We ensure our documentation meets or surpasses the required standards as per our clients’ regulating body such as Therapeutic Goods of Australia (TGA), Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) or Asia Industrial Gases Association (AIGA).
Our quality pack complies with all codes of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), is equivalent to ISO 9001 and prepared in accordance with AS/NZS ISO 9004.5 (Int.).
Our pack has been developed to be compliant with:
- AS 1796 Certification of welders and welding supervisors
- AS 3992 Pressure Equipment-Welding and brazing qualification
- AS 4041 Pressure Piping
- ASME BPE Bioprocessing Equipment
- ASME B31.3 Process piping
Our QA Pack includes the following sections to meet the requirements of ASME BPE section GR-5:
- Orbital and hand welding procedures: As per AS 3992, section 3 and ASME BPE, GR-126.96.36.199.1 (b)
- Welder Qualifications: As per AS 3992, section 9 and ASME BPE, GR-188.8.131.52.1 (b)
- Welder Identification:
- Welder NDT reports: As per AS 3992, section 9.5.1
- Welding Machine Inventory
- Calibration certificates and records of equipment and instruments supplied by NATA approved providers: As per ASME BPE, GR-184.108.40.206.1 (d)
- Gas data sheets: As per ASME BPE, GR-220.127.116.11.1 (d)
- Material Register including certificates listing chemical and physical analysis: As per ASME BPE, GR-18.104.22.168.1 (a)
- Weld Register including weld maps/logs and weld inspections: As per ASME BPE, GR 5.4
- Coupon Log: As per ASME BPE, GR 22.214.171.124.1 (c)
- Inspection Test Reports (ITRs): As per ASME BPE, GR-126.96.36.199.1
- Pressure Test Records: As per ASME BPE, GR-188.8.131.52.1 (d)
- Flushing and Cleaning procedure record: As per ASME BPE, GR-184.108.40.206.1 (d)
- Mechanical Completion Certificate (per service)
Not only does our QA pack provide full traceability, it also provides a practical tool to ensure the very high standard of workmanship expected in our niche industry is well and truly met by our company. Pure Piping only engage qualified tradesman to complete our work, complying with the following statement:
Personnel involved in the tacking and / or welding shall hold an appropriate certificate to AS 1796, or approved equivalent standard, for the process being utilised.
The Contractor shall prepare weld procedures and ensure that the welding operator(s) are appropriately qualified according to the nature of the work being performed.
Each qualified welder or welding operator shall have a unique identification number assigned them.
Pure Piping have employed Nick Streeter, a certified welding inspector, to undertake frequent weld inspections to ensure stringent welder quality is maintained.